Today is Jan. 19th, 2013. 40 years ago today, the United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) was putting the final touches on the Roe v. Wade decision. Their disregard for adhering to judicial precedent has resulted in the deaths of over 55 million babies.
I read on the PBS website, “Though by no means the Supreme Court’s most important decision, Roe v. Wade remains its most recognized.” I would disagree. A SCOTUS decision that has lead to 55 million United States citizens’ deaths HAS to be THE most important case.
A few facts:
- Each and every day in America, there are more babies aborted by their mothers than Americans killed on 9/11.
- Every single year, this silent horror kills about as many Americans as have been killed on all the battlefields in all of the wars in U.S. history combined.
- In 2012, their were about 15,000 murders in the US. There were about 1,100,000 abortions in the US.
- 41% of all New York pregnancies end in abortion.
- 52% of all African-American pregnancies end in abortion.
Planned Parenthood performs over 300,000 abortions each year. They also receive about half a billion dollars in US taxpayers’ money each year.
Please help the cause of the unborn. Ministers around the nation are being asked to advocate this Sunday for life. If your minister is not doing so, you can still ask for congregational prayer for the unborn about to be killed by their mothers. You can ask that those women who have killed their own children will repent and seek the Lord’s forgiveness.
Finally, may our nation respond to the challenge God puts before us in 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
-Jeff Adams, January 19, 2013